Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Birthday Cake



Ever since I saw this Neapolitan Cake on Sweetapolita's most wondrous blog, I have decided it would be my birthday cake.


So I made it for myself.


I just love how it turned out, and I'm so happy with myself for putting it together. I enjoyed the long process of it coming together, it was exactly the type of excitement I was craving. A layer cake made my day!


But what was really a keeper was the ButterCream Frosting, it's the best I ever had.


Strawberry Party Frosting
Makes enough to fill and frost a 3-layer (or 5-6 thin layers) 9″ cake.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
8 cups confectioners’ sugar
120 ml whipping cream
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
pinch of salt
Chosen gel coloring

Directions:

1. In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the vanilla, water, whipping cream, salt and whip on high speed until fluffy and smooth, about 4 minutes.
3. Add color and mix until well blended.
4. If the consistency is too thick, add more water 1 teaspoon at a time, then whip again for 30 seconds.

Source: Sweetapolita

No comments:

Post a Comment