Monday, January 24, 2011

Snickerdoodles Recipe



It's no surprise that what attracts one to food is the look of it, and what indeed attracts me to a certain recipe or the other is its photograph, how it looks in the picture. It's unfortunate that I severely suck at taking pictures. As much as I'm almost daily amazed by the wonderful pictures I find posted online (there are so many talented photographers blogging about food!) I still can't bring myself to be interested in Photography. I really never was interested in that, and it's unfortunate that I've decided to blog about food because obviously the pictures of the recipe is what really sells it. I wish I took better pictures, maybe by time they will become slightly better.
I've always wanted to try Snickerdoodles, as I've never tasted them before, but I've never gotten around to them. Until I found the photographs of these cookies at ZoomyYummy, they screamed at me to make them and I did. Snickerdoodles have become my second favorite cookies.



Snickerdoodles Cookie Recipe:
Source: ZoomyYummy via Joy of Baking

Ingredients:

1 1/3 Cup (180 grams) All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 Cup (110 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp Vailla Extract

For Coating:

1/5 cup (30 grams) granulated white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon




Instructions:

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together til smooth (about 3 minutes).
4. Add the egg and the vanilla extract and beat well.
5. Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.
6. Shape the dough into a log, refrigerate it for fifteen minutes if the dough is too soft to work with.
7. Cut it into equal pieces, and form a small ball from each piece.
8. Mix together the sugar and the cinnamon to make the coating, and roll each ball of dough into it.
9. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
10. Using the bottom of a glass, flatten the cookies gently.
11. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and leave on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.
12. Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for two weeks.

Devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment