Sunday, January 2, 2011

Strawberry Curd Recipe




I had only made Lemon Curd once before I thought of looking for a Strawberry Curd recipe. In Egypt we're only familiar to Jams, not Curds. So when I tasted Lemon Curd for the first time I was hooked on the idea, and since I had 3 Kilos of Strawberries, courtesy of my Grandmother, I thought that's a great way to try Strawberry Curd. Mr.WD40 and I love strawberries so very much.

I tried to find a recipe that didn't use so many egg yolks, I found two that appealed to me, and came up with my own adaptation.

Strawberry Curd Recipe:

Ingredients:

250g Strawberries, washed and hulled
100g (3 1/2 oz) White granulated sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
60g (2 oz) unsalted butter, roughly chopped
Sterilized large Jar

Instructions:

1. In a food processor, puree strawberries.
2. Press Strawberries through sieve to remove pulp.
3. In a heatproof bowl, add strawberry puree, sugar, eggs and lemon juice and place over a saucepan of simmering water on medium heat. Make sure that the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Whisk to combine the ingredients.
4.Continue to stir constantly for about 10 minutes, so the mixture does not curdle. It will take a while for it to thicken.
5.Turn the heat up and continue to stir for another 10 minutes until mixture is thick.
6. Place butter in a bowl, pour mixture through sieve over butter and stir until butter is fully incorporated.
7. Transfer to jar and enjoy on toast, cakes or by spoonfuls!

Devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment