Thursday, January 20, 2011

Red Cabbage and Apple Coleslaw Salad


I'm not a big fan of fruit in salads, or of Coleslaws generally. But I love red cabbage, and I was really impressed by the photograph of this salad on this wonderful blog, it really is such a pretty salad. So I decided I had to give it a go.
I made quite a few changes of my own, and we both loved it.


Red Cabbage and Apple Coleslaw Salad
Adapted from CookingHow

For the Honey-Sesame Dressing:

Ingredients:

1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbs Black Sesame seeds, toasted
1 Tbs White Sesame seeds, toasted
2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbs Honey
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper

Instructions:
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, and set aside.

For the Red Cabbage and Apple Coleslaw:

Ingredients:

1 Small Red Cabbage, washed
1 Large Carrot, peeled
1 Apple
1 tsp Lemon juice

Instructions:

1. Thinly slice cabbage. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
2. Grate peeled carrot. Add to the bowl and set aside.
3. Add lemon juice to a small mixing ball.
3. Slice apple into quarters and cut into matchsticks, and toss with lemon juice. Then add to the large bowl.
4. Pour dressing on the salad. Toss gently until coated evenly. Cover and chill in for at least 1 hour.

Devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment